Wednesday 2 April 2014

Music Review: Raffi - Singable Songs for the Very Young



He sings AND he paints?!

Here's the thing - I love music, just love it.  I'm particularly a fan of hip hop circa late 80s early 90s (if you haven't already jolly jumped to Bust A Move, it's a MUST).  So let me tell you, when I find an album I love, it puts a real spring in my tentative parent-assisted step.

That brings me to what I can only describe as my album of the year: Raffi's Singable Songs for the Very Young.  "But wait!" I can hear you say, "That album was released in 1976, before either of your parents were even born!"  True enough, dear reader, but it's new to me, and I'd venture to say it is so good it'd win album of the year EVERY year from 1976 to whatever year it is now (I'm gonna guess 3058 based on how old Mamamamama and Dadada appear to be).

"Brush Your Teeth" is reason alone to buy this album.  With lyrics like "Ch ch ch ch, ch ch ch ch ch", it's clear Raffi is a genius with excellent oral hygiene.  You can sing that line to me anytime, even in the middle of a "that spoonful of baby breakfast cereal is not getting into my mouth fast enough" meltdown, and it will bring a smile to my face. 

Bottom line: WHEEE!!  Sometimes music just speaks to you, and sometimes it speaks to your soul.  Raffi gets me, and I get Raffi, and so should you.

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious! Can't wait for the next entry!
    P.Sherpa

    ReplyDelete