Thursday 3 April 2014

Food Review: Prunes

If only I had the dexterity to open this bag.

Eating is probably my favourite thing to do.  I love tasting food, toys, non-food and non-toys.  Banana, cucumber, mango, spinach, and the sleeve of whatever-shirt-I-happen-to-be-wearing-that-day are some of my all time faves.  With all the delicious things to eat out there, you might think it would be impossible to choose just one absolute favourite - but you'd be wrong, because: PRUNES.   

Have you guys tried these things?  I mean really sat down and savoured one?  Because they are amazing.  The texture, the flavour, the colour, the mess...  It's pretty much exquisite.

Last month Mamamamama and Dadada went on a "date" to celebrate Dadada's birthday.  Apparently they visited some sort of fancy restaurant and couldn't stop raving about it.  I can only imagine the dishes they were able to enjoy.  The thought of it (and the imminent tooth budding on my lower gums) makes me drool.  Prunes ceviche?  Prunes cooked sous-vide?  Prune clafouti?  Prunes rabarabaraba*?

Bottom line: WHEEE!  No matter how they're prepared, prunes are fine dining at its best.

*Note: rabarabaraba is in fact not a cooking technique or type of dish, but an eating style that involves smearing whatever you've been served all over your high chair tray and then leaning over and smooshing your mouth into it.  Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment