Thursday 27 March 2014

Activity Review: Napping

Don't worry, I'll be up soon.
I don't mind sleep.  It's actually pretty great.  I prefer to do it at night, so long as I can occasionally and unexpectedly wake up and demand a snack, or full-on meal.  Sleeping during the day, or "napping", is less interesting to me.  I'll do it, but not for long.  Unless you are putting off doing something important because you are sure I'm just going to wake up after half an hour anyhow - then I will nap for somewhere around 2 hours, seemingly out of the blue. 

I'll tell you what I won't do anymore: take a third nap.  I used to be willing to take a quick 30 minute "snack nap" (a "Snap" if you will) in the late afternoon, to get me through to bedtime without any epic meltdowns.  That was before I realized that I could stay awake and play, occasionally and unpredictably peppering late afternoon/early evening with epic meltdowns.  Less mature babies need the Snap, but when you get to be my age (I'm 8 months old after all), Snaps are a thing of the past.  Unless you are referring to my morning and early afternoon naps.  Those are pretty much Snaps about 80% of the time. 

Bottom line: WAAAH!!!  Who needs over 1.5 hours of restorative sleep when you can get inadequate rest in 30 minutes or less?

No comments:

Post a Comment