Wednesday 23 July 2014

Activity Review: Pulling My Cat's Tail

Oh this guy...
 
Those of you who follow my blog are well aware of how much I love the cats that I live with.  Here's a little background on these fantastic roommates of mine...:  There are two of them.  One is white and one is orange and white.  They make a sound like this: "meeeowwww" (sometimes Mamamamama imitates the sound for me and her impersonation is spot on and quite enjoyable).  The cats are very funny (examples of hilarious things they do include sitting, walking, and walking then sitting).  While the white one (let's call him "Cat") is remarkably good at avoiding me at all costs, the orange and white one (let's call him "Other Cat") loves to snuggle with me and the feeling is super mutual. 

Sometimes I can get Other Cat to make a sound like this: "Raaaaooooorrrrawwww".  I've determined that this sound can be elicited through a healthy tail pull and that it means "High Fives!" because it is most often accompanied by Other Cat smacking me with his hand.  Other Cat has terrible aim, but I think if I keep up the tail pulls we can eventually improve his accuracy and get some stellar hand-to-hand high fives going.

Whenever I pull Other Cat's tail Mamamamama and/or Dadada usually look concerned and say things like "the cat doesn't like that".  Oh really?!  Well, as the British say, "Blocks!!" (did I pronounce that right?).  Other Cat and I are best buddies and I'm pretty sure my best buddy would let me know if he didn't like having his tail pulled!

Bottom Line: WHEEE!!!  You could try to tell me cats don't like having their tails pulled, but I think you'd be pulling my leg (which I would not enjoy).

No comments:

Post a Comment